Thursday, April 28, 2016

Y is for...Youtube

Y is for...Youtube!

Image result for youtube

While I am not a Youtuber, I do occasionally post videos on there and watch videos on there. If you do not know what a Youtuber is, here is the definition according to Oxford Dictionary online.

Youtuber: frequent user of the video-sharing website YouTube, especially someone who produces and appears in videos on the site.

They even have "concerts" of Youtubers and they are quite popular with the youth of this day and age. So...here's a book trailer for my Between the Bleeding Willows (Book 1 of Demon Hunters series) created by Stolen Glances and uploaded to Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBICLCIVERw

And here is one of my favorite Youtube videos (cursing in the video, so no little ones please):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCfdzvwJYXY


And for those with little ones, Youtube has some videos, such as the one I listed that are not good for children to watch. BUT, they have created Kidstube, which is a safer alternative.
Image result for kidstube

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not the YouTube Generation. Sure, I use it to watch a program I missed on TV, to look if somebody had instructed how to do certain things (f.ex. when my toilet flushing had to be cleaned) or to see the trailers of plays of my local theatre. But when my friends boy, a teenager, tells me about it I always think he must live there. Well, he can't because his mum doesn't let him, but he would ;-. I noticed that if he uses the internet it's either YouTube - or perhaps Minecraft ...

Mary B said...

I use YouTube to catch up on latenight talk shows, and I love looking up videos for bands. I've thought about doing a vlog, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Maybe one day.

Mary
#AtoZChallenge Y is for Yelich-O'Connor

Unknown said...

Clao, Yes, my kids are the same way. They are on youtube A LOT! My oldest watches videos of pranks and blowing up things in the microwave. My daughter watches cartoons. And my youngest watches everything from piano playing to video game play-throughs.

Unknown said...

Mary, what would you vlog about? I cringe when watching videos of myself. I spent 2 weeks in Japan during my Junior year of High School and I video taped most of it. I enjoy watching the sights and sounds of Japan but hate listening to myself :>

Anonymous said...

Found you via A to Z challenge sign up list! Man I want to read your book! And that YouTube video was too funny! Thanks for sharing it. I did not know there was a kidstube so I learned something new. I am not much of a YouTuber but I do use it when looking up stuff just to see if someone has made a video on the subject I am researching or new movie and Netflix clips!

Best Wishes,
Annette

My A2Z @ Annette's Place | Follow Me On Twitter

**AUDIO TOUR With Giveaway** Cross by D.A. Roach

Abibliophobia Anonymous Book Reviews: **AUDIO TOUR With Giveaway** Cross by D.A. Roach : Title: Cross Author: D.A. Roach ...